This is something I first tried at my local pub, but the way they did it I knew it was full of bad calories! So I made it healthier! It is so simple and tastes super decadent, so is great to serve when company comes around. You can feel like you're spoiling yourself but still sticking to your guns!
Prep Time: 5min
Cooking time: 30-40min
Calories per serve: 280
- 350g Chicken breast, cut in half down the middle, not lengthways
- 2tbsp Shallots, chopped
- 1tsp Chives
- 30g Light Philadelphia cream cheese,
- 12g Don double smoked shaved leg ham (roughly 2 slices)
- 2 cups Baby spinach
- 1 punnet Cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese, grated
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees celsius, and prepare a baking tray.
- Mix the shallots, chives, and cream cheese together with a fork until smooth.
- Using a small sharp knife, create a pocket in the centre of the chicken breast pieces.
- Using a teaspoon, push the cream cheese mixture into the pocket you have just created in step 4.
- Once all the mixture is used up, take a slice of ham, and wrap it over the chicken breast to cover the entrance to the pocket, and secure with toothpicks
- Bake in the oven for 30-40min, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve on a salad made with the spinach, tomatoes, and parmesan.
This is hubby's favourite, you can also use extra light Philadelphia, personally I think it tastes terrible and watery but each to their own, just adjust your calories. You could also serve with roasted vegies in winter to add some more snuggly warmth! For a calorie boost, you could also add a creamy mushroom sauce drizzled over the chicken parcel - if not, it's totally worth sparing a snack during the day to have the sauce!