Thursday 8 November 2012

To do, or not to do

We are in week 11 of round 3 of the Michelle Bridges 12WBT for 2012. I have been debating with myself whether to sign up for round 4 or go it myself given it's a lot of money coming up to Christmas. My parents visited for my birthday last weekend and I was offered a loan from the bank of Mum if I wanted to do round 4. I think this is her strange way of telling me she's proud of me!

Yet still there's umming and ahhing. Not because the program doesn't work, or because I think I can't do it, just because I wonder if I need to, surely I've learnt enough to go it alone - oh and then of course there's money and Christmas!

That was until today when the universe appeared to give me an epiphany day. This morning when walking to the coffee shop with my friends they all complimented me on how good I was looking, and openly admitted to checking out my bum (you cheeky buggers!). Then Heidi said she was thinking of signing up for round 1 next year. Then I went and got my hair done, and my hairdresser noticed the change in my shape and even my hair. I went home to find a message from a friend from high school saying she'd been following my progress and had signed up for round 4. Finally my chiropractor and his receptionist (who haven't seen me in 6 weeks) both remarked how good I was looking, my chiropractor even saying how much he can see this has helped with my back pain. 

Of course, Fiona has already signed up for round 4, and I know she wants a training buddy (which I already said I would do because I intend to follow the program, signed up or not!) but I think this was a pretty big hint from the powers that be, that I should take my mum up on her offer and JFDI.

I think I owe it to myself, and to the people around me who I seem to have inspired to keep going on this journey, and to do so in an official capacity.

Oh, and the round 4 finale is in my hometown, while hubby will be away in Sydney, so that's a nice little incentive too!


xx

No comments:

Post a Comment