Sunday 18 November 2012

Sunday 10: Style Icons of the Moment

Everyone has their style icons. People they look to for the latest trends, and stars who maybe have the same body shape as us who we can look to for tips to flatter our frame.

These are my top 10 style icons of the moment!

10) Jennifer Lawrence. A girl who wears what she wants and works it! Jennifer always has stunning make-up, so she is one of my make up go to girls. She also goes from soft looks to edgy in the blink of an eye and isn't afraid to take risks with her look - plus she's just so freaking humble and cute!


9) Zooey Deschanel. The queen of quirky geek chic. I love how everything she throws on looks so effortless and cute, and she makes being a nerd cool which wins her big points in my book! She does bold colours really, really well too and seeing as it's such a huge trend this summer she is one to watch.

8) Sofia Vergara. I give Sofia props for knowing what works and not being afraid to stick with it! She cops some flack for seeming to just wear the same cut in different colours but if it ain't broke, don't fix it!

7) Audrey Hepburn. Audrey is always in my top 10, regardless of current trends, or who else is around.  I love the way she would put together the cutest outfits, and how I can look at things she wore in the 60s and still see how I could wear that now. Her mastery of tailoring and clean cut lines is my favourite thing about her style, and the easy way she bought it all together. She's my forever icon. 

6) Kelly Osbourne. As host of E! show Fashion Police, Kelly has to be on the ball with the latest trends, but she always brings a quirky twist to it, and isn't afraid to admit she shops at the mall like the rest of us! She has a great knack for making sure all her garments flatter her shape and are tailored properly. I also admire how hard she has worked for the body that she has, and she is not only a fashion inspiration to me, but also an inspiration when it comes to my weight loss journey and bettering my health.

5) Khloe Kardashian Odom. So you may be wondering why just Khloe, why not Kim and Kourtney too? The thing I love about Khloe is that she is a tall curvy girl who doesn't let her height stop her from looking fabulous. So many tall girls shy away from great heels because it will make them look too tall - newsflash, you're tall anyway so just go with it! Or they shy away from bright colours thinking it will draw too much attention, or make them look bigger, but she goes there with no fear, and looks great every time. She also knows what colours and cuts suit her and flatter her shape, unlike Kim and Kourtney who seem to forget that things like thigh high boots, capes, and swamping big boobs in fabric are not going to do us shorties any favours, so bravo Mrs. Odom!

4) Emma Stone. I could not love this girl's style more if I tried! I look to Emma because we have the same colouring, so in particular for colour palettes for both clothing and make up, I have a look at her latest look and test it out on myself! We also have a similar face shape, so when it comes to hair cut styles she's always in my top 3 choices.


3) Nicole Richie. As a designer herself she has a lot of fashion know how, but I look to her for her use of texture and colour, as well as when I want a simple chic look. Nicole is not afraid to push boundaries when it comes to colour, and different textures like lace, velvet, and leather, and she is always at the forefront of the next big thing in fashion. 


2) Christina Hendricks. This woman knows how to work her body right! With boobs like that you know it's not easy, but by channelling her inner pin-up girl, she never disappoints. The epitome of sex kitten and not afraid to be sexy, Christina does her thing, and dresses for her body. Even if it's not bang on trend, she makes it look amazing anyway and that is why I love her, and look up to her for that courage to go against the grain when I need to.




1) Blake Lively. Hands down the most fashionable young woman in Hollywood right now. I don't think there is anything this girl can do wrong. She has a hand in everything she wears, including all of the costumes for her character on Gossip Girl, and does not have a stylist! She knows what works, she knows what shoes go with what dress and what hair goes with which cut - maybe it's all lessons from her pal Karl Lagerfeld I don't know, but whatever "it" is, she has it. My absolute favourite thing about her though? She has cellulite, and wears her cute swimsuits anyway, not giving a rats who sees it - and that includes hubby Ryan Reynolds! Ladies, if he doesn't care about a little cellulite, chances are your bloke won't either. Embrace your wobbly bits, everyone has some somewhere!




So there you have it! My top 10 of the moment. Some have been on this list for years, others only a few months, but they all have given me inspiration in some way to change my look, or do what I need to do to look great.

Next week: 10 ways the fashion industry could make our lives easier!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment