Thursday 19 July 2012

Never mind diamonds, heels are a girl's best friend!

Time for a lighter post, I think!

Have you ever noticed when you put on that pair of killer heels that you look at yourself and think "Hot damn, girl!"? There's a reason for that, and it goes beyond the fact that yes, you are a sexy beast.

To start with, heels often have the effect of straightening your posture and making you stand taller, straighter, and even work your core to make sure you can balance in them.

So, "what's your point?" I hear. All of this obviously makes you appear physically taller, and slimmer (especially if you find you're pulling in that tummy to balance), and by forcing you to straighten up and carry yourself with strength, it might even make you look more confident, in control, and commanding of the attention of those around you. Provided you know how to walk in them!

There is a downside to all of this though, and not only can constant wearing of heels lead to serious podiatry issues, it can also cause lower back pain due to altering the natural tilt of the pelvis, so like all good things in life, wear your heels in moderation. If you are noticing pain in your feet and other areas such as the ankles, knees, hips, lower back, and even neck, give the heels a rest.

I save my heels for special days and occasions. You can't just wear heels places here, it's like carrying a big sign saying "rob me, even if I don't have cash at least you'll catch me", not to mention if you have a fear of being overdressed, sometimes shoes in general are even a bit much in some parts of town! Sometimes if I'm having a low day I might just put all my different shoes on and put on a fabulous shoe fashion show just for myself, and I feel a bit better!

...wow, that was embarrassing.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment