Tuesday 3 July 2012

Michelle Bridges 12 Week Body Transformation

After hearing wonderful things about the Michelle Bridges 12WBT program from a friend I have decided to give it a try.

I hope getting back to my healthy BMI range will help me start to accept my body, because I won't be able to say that being overweight is why I hate it anymore. A healthy body is a body that leaves no excuses not to love it.

I have been trying to go it alone for the last 9 months, and programs like weight watchers have done nothing but fail me - in fact, I gained weight on WW! I went to my doctor who also sent me to a dietician who also didn't seem to understand that I was already doing all the things she was telling me to do and still not losing any weight. On the plus side, I wasn't gaining either!

Then I found out that I suffer from a genetic iron deficiency. My mother and Grandmother both have/had the condition, however it didn't manifest until much later in life for them. My body isn't able to store iron properly, so I need to make sure I have a very high iron diet, something that conventional diet programs like Weight Watchers and Jenny Craig don't usually cater for.

So I emailed the staff at 12WBT and they advised me that most of their meals can be made more iron rich through simple substitutions, and if I was ever unsure I could email them and they would point me in the right direction.

It was good news, and since the program is a one off payment, its something I can actually realistically afford, unlike the ongoing costs of Jenny and WW.

I'm looking forward to having a team to keep me going and kick my butt into gear. I have always lacked motivation but I also hate letting down the team. I hope that working hard to be healthier and lose weight with a team of other people will help me with my motivational issues.

The program starts at the end of this month and I'll be chronicling my journey every step of the way, just click on the My 12WBT Journey tab above :)

No comments:

Post a Comment